Thursday, March 1, 2012

Retro Flower quilt is almost done!

Well, Lesley’s Retro flower quilt is almost done now…I just need to add the border and get it quilted. So far it measures 72 x84 and I’m planning on adding two borders so it should end up being about 86 x 100 or close to that. I really like how it’s turned out so far. Still not sure how to quilt it, I sure hope I’m struck with inspiration of some kind!DSC03310I’ve also been making a Hugs & Kisses scrap quilt with the leftovers from this quilt (Retro Flowers Quilt)…..I love how it’s turning out too. I’m worried I’m not going to have enough scraps to finish it. I had a goal of not buying any fabric at all to get  it done, now I’m thinking I might have to put some kind of spending limit on how much to buy to get it done. So far I’ve not spent any ‘extra’ money on it. We’ll see….Maybe I’ll let myself spend $20 to get it finished….what do you think? I’m planning on making it twice this size, and then adding a border. It should be about right to put on a couch as a throw. I am having more fun making this than the original Retro Flower Quilt!

DSC03309I’ve also finished the center strip for my Aunt Grace’s Garden Party b.o.m…..I like how my applique turned out over all. I will say that silk thread and a straw needle make all of the difference in the world. I still would say I need to do a bit more of the applique before I will feel somewhat proficient with it, but I have made great strides in my confidence level.

DSC03306This weekend will be spent mostly cleaning my house. I’ve kind of neglected it for too long. So Saturday I’ve got an appointment with a vacuum cleaner, a broom and some comet….woo….what a hot date for me! Maybe I’ll get some sewing done Sunday afternoon.

Happy Quilting! Kris

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful works! The colours are great! Will be watching to see them completed))

    ReplyDelete