Thursday, February 23, 2012

Retro Flower Quilt and Scrap ‘Hugs & Kisses’ Quilts

Since I’ve been on vacation this week, I’ve been hiding in my sewing room most of the time! I’ve gotten lots done and I’m enjoying every minute of it too. My mom came over this morning and she and I looked through fabric and just had a great time looking at all of the quilt tops I’ve finished that have yet to be quilted. A few too many if you ask me…..It’s expensive to have them all sent out and quilted, I keep saying I’ll get busy and try my hand free motion quilting them, but I’m still a little nervous to actually get started. I’m just going to have to buckle down and get the job done. I have 6 tops done that need to be quilted and 3 more almost done….Wow!

This is Lesley’s Retro flower quilt and it’s almost done…I’m going to make about 3 more blocks and get rid of a few blocks in the quilt I just don’t like. I think I’ll put about a 6” white border on it and then bind it with a bright color fabric. It has a shallow scalloped edge to it.

DSC03290This is the ‘Hugs and Kisses’  quilt I’m making with the scraps from Lesley’s Retro flower quilt. It’s coming along very nicely and I love it so far. I think Lesley will get this one too.

DSC03294

Here is a picture of the quilt that got me really started quilting about 3 or 4 years ago. I’ve since made two more of them…One for me and one for my other sister Val. This quilt was made for my sister Susi…I personalized some of the blocks with embroidery. It’s really hard to tell the three of them apart!

Susi’s Quilt!

DSC01086

This quilt was made for me! Kris’ quilt

DSC03296

Please ignore the threads and cat hairs!DSC03297DSC03301

This one isn’t quilted yet, it’s for my sister Val….these are about 65 x65 I think….Val’s quilt

DSC03303

Well……enough from me….happy quilting!

Kris

3 comments:

  1. Hey...I ran across this book tonight and thought of you....Have you heard of this lady before? I'm curious to read more about her. http://freemotionquiltingwithangelawalters.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna....I've never heard of her before, her book looks interesting though. I still would love to look at your fabric stash someday! Kris

      Delete
    2. I'm working on getting it organized. I bought some fabric boards and have been rolling and organizing for the past week or so. I'm glad I bought the boards, because I have fabric that I had forgotten about...along with about 15 pillow forms....scrapbooking supplies....yarn.... Hopefully I can get a lot accomplished today.

      Delete