Monday, March 12, 2012

Free motion quilting my Hugs & Kisses Scrap Quilt

Well, I’m ready to get started free motion quilting my Hugs & Kisses Scrap Quilt. As you will be able to see by the pictures….I’ve stuck true to my word and have made this truly a scrap quilt. The backing is not the most beautiful thing in the world, but I didn’t have to buy a piece of fabric for this! I spent probably around $15-$20 to finish the top, so overall not too bad. It measures around 65”x80….a good size for a throw to put on your couch.

I’ve been very busy this week with work, so my quilting has taken a backseat for a few days. I ended up working on Saturday, so I had a 6 day work week. Sunday is church, clean the FedEx building, buy groceries and then go to Small Group bible study. So as you can tell, I really didn’t have too much extra time this weekend! I’m feeling pretty good that I’ve gotten this far on this quilt.

DSC03325DSC03329

As you can see this backing isn’t too pretty, but I did a bunch of digging through my tubs of fabric to find enough fabric in colors that would kind of match to get the job done….I think once it’s quilted it will look just fine. I think binding this in white would look the best, but white would just get too dirty, especially for the binding. I guess I’ll probably just use more scraps of anything left that’s big enough.

DSC03332

I’m just itching to get started quilting this….it will have to wait until this evening though. I’ll be posting pix of the finished quilt very soon!

Happy quilting! Kris

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've started free-motion quilting it and so far I'm very happy with how that is turning out!

      Delete
  2. I'm anxious to see it when you're done!

    ReplyDelete