Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Aunt Grace’s Garden Party

Well, I’ve got another quilt top pieced and put together. Now I just need to get it quilted. So I think I have around 8 pieced tops that need quilted! And all I want to do is start piecing another one….

I’m going to finish my Patriots in Petticoats next, I’ve got all of the blocks done I just need to put it together and add the border, it’s a little complicated, so it will probably take me a couple of days work to get it done. I want to get all of my partial quilts finished so I can feel free to start on the new BOMs I’ve signed up for. One starts in April and one starts in May.

I also want to get busy and make a few table runners and I also need to replenish my supply of burp pads and baby blankets.

I’m very happy with how my Aunt Grace’s Garden party turned out. By the time I was done with it, I felt pretty confident about my hand applique.DSC03347

DSC03348

The pattern calls for a slight scallop or a wave on the outside edge of the border and then to bind it in the solid yellow. I’m not sure if the scallop is worth the effort. What do you think? I’m leaning towards just leaving it the way it is….

My sister Susi really wants this quilt, I’ll have to think on that since I really like this one myself. DSC03352

Happy Quilting! Kris

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job! The borders really make the design stand out!

    ReplyDelete