Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Free Motion Quilting is kinda fun!

My free motion skills are improving. I’ve got a long ways to go, but I’m having a great time practicing and learning as I go. I’ve decided that I will never be a FM quilter who uses stencils or follows a pattern. I’m just kind of the type of person who is going to ‘go with the flow’! It’s getting easier to just go with my instinct on what will work. I’m still not as neat as I’d like to be, but overall my quilts look pretty good, as long as you don’t look too closely. I hope with time, that will improve too.

I’m about a third done with Lesley’s Retro Flower quilt and I’m excited about how it looks, I think she’ll love it when it’s done.. This is what I’m doing in all of the flowers, I think I could do this in my sleep now!

DSC03473

This is the back of the quilt, I think it looks pretty good, and should look even better when it’s been washed a few times.DSC03472I think Morris is just as bad as Wilber….they both like to lay on my quilts!DSC03468

I’ve started sewing my hexie flowers together! I’m excited to get far enough along that I can start planning how I’m going to do the applique in the border of this one. It’s slow going doing all of that hand stitching, I try to sew a few together every morning before work and  also in the evenings when I come home from work.  So far I’m sewing 12 flowers in a row and we’ll have to see how big this will be when I put the white border on, I’d like this bigger than a wall hanging, but not huge either.

DSC03475

Happy Quilting! Kris

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Lesley! I think it will turn out pretty good...I have an idea for the border now too.....Hopefully I'll be able to do it!

      Delete
  2. What a cute idea! I wasn't really into scrappy quilts until I saw yours...You Inspire Me!!!

    ReplyDelete