Sunday, May 13, 2012

Retro Flower Quilt will be done this week!

Well, it’s true, the Retro Flower quilt for my daughter Lesley will be at her house this coming weekend. I just finished quilting it and have the binding on…just need to stitch it down now. This has taken me a couple of weeks to complete, I’ve done a little bit every day.DSC03480The binding isn’t sewn on yet in this picture, it’s very colorful and made from 5 different fabrics. I’m anxious to get the hand stitching done on it. DSC03481

DSC03482A couple of close up pictures of the quilting, I feel like I did an okay job….I like the overall look of it, but I’ve got some minor little glitches. I’d say a good job for the first large quilt I’ve attempted to free motion quilt. DSC03485I think I like the back side as well as the front!DSC03476DSC03478The second BOM from Primitive Gatherings…I am really having a wonderful time doing this quilt. I’m anxiously awaiting the June BOM! I love the wool, it’s so bright and colorful.

DSC03486

My hexagon flower quilt is growing! I try to sew a few on every day….I’m really liking it! This one I’m keeping for myself.

My birthday was Friday, I ended up working until  almost 9p.m. that day…..I was delivering bunches of flowers and Sherrie’s Berries to Moms for mother’s day. It was a stressful work week. I do love my job and am hoping it will calm down this coming week!

Off I go to get some binding sewn down!

Happy quilting! Kris

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Hope this week goes better for you. Super impressed with your free-motion quilting...Your daughter is going to be THRILLED!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I know your daughter will LOVE her new quilt and all the work you put into it :) I follow her on thepurplecarrotkc, so that's how I knew about your blog! I would like to be as talented as you :)

    Happy Birthday & Mother's Day to you :)

    Tame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a very Happy BD. great job of machine quilting! I am most interested in your Primitive Garden. I am also doing it and anxiously awaiting month 2 package in the mail.

    ReplyDelete