Thursday, February 2, 2012

Will I get tomorrow off or not?

I’m not scheduled to work tomorrow, and am I ever glad. The weather forecast isn’t looking too good, and I really don’t like driving on bad roads. I have a feeling I’ll be called in, the freight will be late because of weather and I heard rumors that someone from North Platte is sick. If that happens…..there goes my day of sewing!

I’ve started another redwork sampler and this time I traced the design on using the right pen. I’m also using DMC #8 perle cotton vs. #12 Valdani perle cotton. I already like the DMC better, I’ve always used DMC, but was desperate to get started on the sampler and the only perle cotton I could buy right away was the Valdani. It’s very expensive compared to the DMC and the spool is smaller. I also think it tends to knot up and tangle easier and just isn’t as smooth as the DMC. When I’m done with this sampler I’ll post a picture of both and you can judge for yourself.

Here is a picture of Morris my cat sleeping on a quilt I’m free motion quilting for my mom. I went in my sewing room this morning to sew for about an hour, but Morris looked so comfortable I just decided to let him sleep. He’d been outside all night and needed to catch up on his sleep.

DSC03230

More embroidery from Aunt Martha’s transfers….Don’t know what I’ll do with these, but someday I’m sure I’ll think of something.

DSC03215

DSC03212

Hopefully I’ll spend  tomorrow sewing!

Kris

1 comment: