Saturday, February 18, 2012

Back working on the Retro Flower Quilt again

Well, I finally got the rest of my fabric for Lesley’s Retro Flower Quilt, so I’m almost finished with all of the blocks. I’ve only got 4 more to make before I reach my goal of 42….. woohoo!

I’m thinking I might make 3 extra ones and make them into a table runner and practice my free motion quilting.  I’ll get a better idea of what will look good on the flower before I start quilting this HUGE quilt.

Here are the three latest…  DSC03261These are the fun blocks I’m making with the scraps from Lesley’s quilt. I found this pattern on a blog I was looking at and I just loved it…turns out the scraps work perfectly for this. There are four blocks here sewn together, they are fast and easy to make. I think I’ll have enough fabric left over for a good size ‘throw’. The name of these blocks are ‘Hugs & Kisses’ and I found them on little.miss.shabby.

DSC03260

Well, I’m on vacation this coming week, so I will be hidden away in my sewing room!

Happy Quilting! Kris

3 comments:

  1. I definitely want that throw, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Kris....Have to keep those hugs and kisses in mind when I have some scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna....I'm having fun making this scrap quilt...my leftover pile from the retro flower quilt is dwindling very fast and I'm enjoying making this one. It's fast and easy!

    ReplyDelete