Monday, January 30, 2012

My Redwork Sampler is finished!

Well, this redwork sampler is finished, and I love it. Just wish I had used the right marker to trace it with. I think this will work to hang in my sewing room and I’ll make another one that doesn’t have any black lines on it! I still get upset when I think of using the wrong marker…..Oh well, I can’t change it now.

I’m not sure how I’ll finish this….maybe just some fabric borders around it and then bind it? Not sure yet. I think I’ll frame one and hang it up somewhere. I just love Redwork!

DSC03220 

This is another Redwork piece I did before Christmas, I haven’t done anything to it yet, again, I’m not sure how I’ll finish it. I do really like it though. It’s from Bird Brain Designs and is called:  Christmas Prayer Redwork #300

DSC03216 

One more embroidery design from CrabApple Hill Studios  and I’ll call it good! This is called ‘Winter Sampler # 409’ I made this a couple of years ago and I still haven’t finished it. I also have the patterns and floss for the ‘Spring’, ‘Autumn’ and ‘Summer’. I really need to get started on them too. I think I will probably finish it like the patterns shows, small red quilt blocks around the embroidery. We’ll see.DSC03211

I have 9 more blocks to make for my Retro Flowers Quilt….I’ve decided I will need to make 42 blocks for the quilt to be big enough to fit my daughter’s bed. DSC03222

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment