Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I just figured out I’ll need more blocks! Ugh!

I now have 28 blocks done for my Retro Flowers Quilt and have figured out I’ll probably need more to make the quilt big enough to fit my daughter’s bed. So now I’m in search of more fat quarters that will match what I’ve already bought. I’ve found some on line that don’t look too bad. Here are the latest two I’ve done. DSC03188DSC03189

This is a Snow Days quilt that I made for my mom that’s not yet quilted. I have another one about half done for myself. The pattern is from Crabapple Hill Studios, I love most of their embroidery patterns.

DSC03180

I personalized the ‘General Store’ with our last name…..Nelson’sDSC03182I also changed the sign on the church to read….Jesus Saves. I love to embroider!DSC03181

Since I had the day off today, I went to Cambridge to visit my mom and have my sister give me a hair cut. My mom and I went to Cottage Inspirations because they had a big sale going on. I bought some fat quarters, baby flannel, some Kansas Troubles backing and a quilt book. That took the rest of my Christmas money!

Have lots more pictures to post later!

Kris

3 comments:

  1. I don't believe I have ever seen those blocks before...I love them. I have to check out the quilt below when I am done commenting. Your stitchery is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb....I'm having fun with my retro flowers quilt. It keeps getting bigger and bigger and I'm about ready to be done making blocks! The 'snow days' quilt is one of my favorites, I liked it so well, I'm almost half done with one for myself too. I need to get this one quilted, but I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. Thanks for the comments!

      Delete
  2. This is totally, oh my gosh, amazing! What a joy.

    ReplyDelete