Saturday, January 28, 2012

Baby Stuff!

I’ve been making baby blankets for years, I usually try to keep a stash on hand so when I need a gift I have plenty to pick from. The newest addition to my ‘stash’ has been burp pads, I made these when my daughters were babies, so I’ve been at it for years. Though recently when my grandson was born, my daughter asked me to make her some, and by trial and error we slowly changed them until we came up with something we both liked. When I give these for gifts, almost everyone who gets them calls back and wants to buy more of them. I enjoy making them and they really go together fast. DSC03196These are my ‘self-binding’ baby blankets, the corners are mitered and I think they look pretty nice! DSC03194These are my larger receiving blankets…..they are 1 1/4 yards of two matching prints that are sewn right sides together and then turned right sides out. I sew a fancy stitch around the outside edges and then just ‘wrap’ them up with a bow of like fabric. They are always a hit!DSC02738These are flannel baby quilts. Before my grandson was born, my daughter and I just knew he was a girl….so I made double of all of the baby stuff for a girl. Well, we were wrong, so I have lots of girl stuff and very little boy stuff left.DSC02736A nursery set that I made for my daughter’s sister-in-law. These were the fabrics she picked out, they were batiks. I would have liked to have made the sheets too, but she said she already had some that would match…..baby stuffI can’t wait for another grandbaby, so I can get busy and make some more baby things! And last, I have more retro flower blocks made. I’m waiting for my daughter to send me the measurements to see how much bigger I need to make her quilt. I have over 30 of the Retro flowers blocks made now.

DSC03201

Kris…

No comments:

Post a Comment