Sunday, January 22, 2012

24 Blocks done and only 6 to go!

Lesley and Erik went home today, so I did quite a bit of sewing this afternoon. I got 4 more of the Retro Flower quilt blocks done, so I’m very pleased with my progress. I need to find 2 more fabrics that will go with the rest of what I’ve already purchased. Hopefully my daughter Karmon who is in Omaha for the next 2 days will be able to do a little shopping for me.

DSC03160DSC03163DSC03161DSC03162

I’ve also been working on a Redwork embroidery sampler from Bird Brain Designs, I love to embroider and I just had to buy this pattern when I saw it. The only problem is I transferred the pattern with a permanent marker when I thought I was using my Frixion marker by Pilot, which will iron out. I think it will be okay, but a few of the lines will show a little….this is definitely a ‘lesson learned’! I just might end up doing another with the right pen. I’ve seen this Frixion heat removable ink pen in most quilt stores I’ve been in. The ink will reappear if you get the fabric real cold. I love mine and will definitely buy another one when this one runs out of ink.

DSC03166

DSC03169

Hope you all had a great day like I did! Happy Quilting!

Kris

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of your blogging skills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I good or what?! I bet you and I are the only ones even reading this! Oh well, you'll be able to see how far your quilt is coming! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun blocks.. and stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be one fabulous quilt...your redwork is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete