Thursday, October 24, 2013

I’ve been busy!

I’ve been busy making small items such as table runners, scarves, wall hangings etc.etc.etc….and I’ve been enjoying every minute of it! Been using scraps and haven’t had to buy anything for these projects. I have a couple of drawers of yarn that I bought when it was on sale and I’ve been having fun looking through that to decide what to put together for a new scarf! I’m working on a green one now….and almost have a black one done too.

DSC03911

I made another penny wool table runner but used a black background. I like it! I’m sure I’ll put one of these on the auction at our Christmas get-together.

DSC03917

DSC03915

This is the latest table runner I’m working on….It’s from the magazine Primitive Quilts and Projects Winter 2012. The above penny wool table runner is out of the same magazine only the Spring 2013 Issue. I love this magazine! It’s more like a book and it’s only $10….It’s well worth the price for all of the projects you get in each issue. They are available at most quilt shops, and I’m thinking I might subscribe….I’d save quite a bit of money if I did this.DSC03916

And here is a close up of the wool applique part….I’m not done yet, but it’s coming along pretty fast.

DSC03918

My third block in the Evelyn’s album BOM….This is a fun and fast one….

DSC03920

And another project that I started about 15 years ago….My uncle gave me several bags of crocheted granny squares that came from who knows where, and I started putting them together with some black yarn, this is almost done and I’d like to finish it and start putting another one together. It’s kind of fun and interesting to see….the granny squares are all different colors and you can tell that whoever made them used tons of left-over yarn or whatever they had on hand. I think this one was promised to my sister Val many years ago, and she might finally get it this winter!

Happy Quilting…and Knitting and Crocheting!

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment