Monday, April 22, 2013

I won the battle of the curves!

I redid the curved block and I got the job done! It’s not perfect, but it will definitely work….I was pretty frustrated on Friday when the first one I attempted turned out awful, this new one I finished will look fine in the quilt. These are the latest in the FWPC blocks….I have about 58 left to make….some of the next ones coming up are pretty crazy….tons of little pieces in each 8 inch block.

DSC03810

I’ve been having a great time working on my Vintage Tin embroidery. My finger is pretty sore, once I get going on an embroidery project  I go at it until my finger bleeds. I eventually get a hard layer of skin on my needle pushing finger…..this really does help the situation. DSC03808

This really won’t take me too long to do….these motorcycles will probably take the longest to do of all of the embroidery blocks. They are small compared to a couple of the other ones, but there is a lot of detail in these. When I start piecing the blocks that go in this quilt I’m going to be adding some very dark red fabric. The pattern is shown in black, cream and beiges. I think some splashes of red will be quite stunning!

It’s raining outside…I was going to mow the front yard before I went to work today, but that’s out of the question now. I’m wondering if the country roads will be muddy, I just might be sticking to the highways today.

Happy quilting!

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment