Friday, April 19, 2013

A busy sewing week….

My vacation is almost over, but I’ve  gotten quite a bit done this week.  We went to St. Joe Missouri to visit our daughter and her husband, and while there Lesley and I went shopping. It’s funny how our tastes in fabric are definitely not the same. My niece who is also pregnant is not sticking with traditional ‘baby’ colors either. As long as I know what they want, it’s not so hard. I’ve got two baby throws done for my soon to be little granddaughter….nothing fancy but very soft and something that will be used a lot. Lots of Minkee in the them…..

I started working on my Farmer’s Wife Pony Club quilt about two weeks ago, and I’m up to 30 blocks done, so only 60 more to go! I’m really enjoying working on them since they are all different and I’m using up my stash. They finish at 8 1/2 inches per block. I will repeat the fact that unless you are very experienced with piecing you will have nothing but trouble with this book. Lots and lots of set in seams and absolutely no instructions…you just have to know what to do. I’m working on one block right now that I’m going to be throwing away and trying my hand at again. It’s got a bunch of curved seams and they are giving me fits….I usually don’t have any trouble with curved seams, but something is just not right. I’m a bit frustrated right now!

DSC03799

DSC03802DSC03803

I got out my Vintage Tins pattern last night and started doing some embroidery, this one won’t take me too long to finish. The embroidery blocks are all pretty small and most of the blocks aren’t too intricate….(except for the motorcycle block!) This is the first one I grabbed and I almost finished it last night while watching T.V. with my husband. I love to have handwork laying around so I can just grab it and work on it whenever the mood strikes.DSC03800

Well, it’s back to work on Monday and I’m going to miss having all of the extra time I had sewing this week. Oh well, I’ve got to earn money so I can buy more fabric….

Happy Quilting ! Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment