Monday, March 11, 2013

almost vacation time! Can’t wait….

Hello, I will be on vacation in 4 weeks and we are going to St. Joe to see our daughter and her husband. I’m so excited to see her because she’s 4 months pregnant and they just bought a house that is completely gutted that they are renovating. I’m anxious to see both the ‘baby bump’ and how far they’ve come on the house. And of course, I’ll get a lot of sewing done too!

DSC03765DSC03767

This is the first side border of my wool quilt, I’ve got the bottom third to do yet, the middle part is my own design…I didn’t  like the pattern so I thought I’d just change it up a bit….I think I like what I’ve done.

DSC03764

These miniature stars are the cornerstones in the sashing for the wool quilt. They are tiny and will finish at 2 inches. I don’t like the way the pattern has you put them together, I’m having a hard time making the points even. I just might do it the old fashioned way that I’m used to …..I have to make 22 of these. They are so small it’s hard to even hold them while you’re working on them.

DSC03769

And here is my Amish with a Twist BOM for last month, I just purchased this month’s BOM and will have it done this coming week.

DSC03772

And the top is finished for my daughter Karmon’s flannel throw…now I just need to quilt it…..that won’t take too long once I get started on it.

I haven’t started the Vintage Tin embroidery, but I’m getting pretty excited to get going on that one…I love doing hand work!

Have a great week everyone, and Happy Quilting!

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment