Saturday, March 16, 2013

Quilting, Cleaning house and canning meat!

What a way to spend the weekend…Sounds like lots of work to me! I haven’t finished the whole house, but most of it looks okay now. I got rid of most of the dust bunnies anyway….

I sewed for about an hour this morning and got part of my Primitive Garden wool quilt put together. The directions are a bit confusing in places, but I’m figuring it out. I don’t think a beginner could do this quilt well at all. It’s been fun, I really enjoy all of the hand work, and I love the dyed wools….some of the colors are so vibrant. DSC03778

I’ve also been canning meat today, I try to get some done at least once a year, and the last time I did any was 2 years ago. It’s a good feeling to have them lined up on the shelves in the basement…Yummy!  DSC03774DSC03775

Canned meat isn’t the prettiest to look at, but boy does it taste good. This picture was taken right out of the canner, so it looks a bit cloudy, but after it sits for an hour or so it looks much better. I’ve got 7 pints and 7 quarts for today’s work. I have this coming Wednesday off and I’m going to try and can another batch then too.

Happy Quilting…

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment