Tuesday, February 19, 2013

‘In The Beginning’ Baby Quilt

DSC03751

I just finished this baby quilt for my daughter Lesley, who is expecting her first child in August. When I saw this fabric it was love at first sight.  I loved the bright colors and the theme of the fabric which is Genesis and the things God made in the first 7 days. I bought the center panel and the cloth book panel and cut the book into 6 1/2” blocks, and then filled in with a 9 patch block and a star block. The red and yellow fabric were not companion prints, but filled in very nicely.

DSC03749

I bought the new Crab-Apple Hill Studio’s pattern, Vintage Tin….of course lots of embroidery which I love. Don’t know when I’ll get started on this, but I doubt it will take me too long to get it done. DSC03754

DSC03759

This is the 10th BOM from Primitive Gathering’s Primitive Garden pattern. I just got the next one in the mail, so I guess I’m a bit behind in this BOM….but I should be caught up in another week or so. This flower pot design will only take a day or two to finish. Then only 4 more months, which are all 4 borders and I will be done. I’m sure I’ll be sending this to my friend and machine quilter Kelly Kreft in Colorado. There is no way I want to tackle this on my sewing machine. It makes me nervous even thinking about trying to free motion quilt this myself.

Hopefully it won’t be such a huge winter storm that they are predicting for Wednesday and Thursday. We need the moisture, I just don’t want to be driving during the blizzard.

Have a great week, and Happy Quilting!

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment