Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Talk about a great day to stay inside! Very high temperatures here…..so far today 109 degrees.

Well, after yesterday and working in temperatures of over 113 degrees, I am  glad for the day off today. I’ve been watering my garden and just staying inside and getting stuff done. I’ve heard we had the nation high yesterday.

My young friend Lauren and I have been making juice from tart pie cherries and rhubarb. I love to make jelly, so I’ll put this away in the freezer until the weather is a  bit cooler and I have the urge to make some jelly! I absolutely love rhubarb jelly, and so does my family. My daughter Karmon requested some today, so I thought I’d better get to it while the rhubarb was still good. This hot weather is taking it’s toll on my rhubarb. It seems tougher than usual and a bit stringy. I got a quart of rhubarb juice and almost 2 quarts of cherry juice. I also froze a couple quarts of pie cherries. I’m a real happy person because I found out my neighbor has an apricot tree in their alley and all of the apricots were just falling to the ground and rotting. I picked them off the ground…they were very nice and I froze about 3 gallons of apricots…I’ll probably make Pinecot and Apricot Jam this fall.

DSC03575

And on the quilting front….I’ve been happily making my Farmer’s wife quilt blocks. I’m up to #66 now and am anxious to get them all done. It’s been a fun quilt to do.DSC03583

I have this wool BOM over half done, and I’m enjoying every minute of it too! I love to embroider….I think it’s relaxing….

DSC03574

Happy quilting….Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment