Saturday, June 9, 2012

Farmer’s Wife Quilt

I’ve been working on my Farmer’s Wife Quilt this past week and I’m sure enjoying myself. When I look at the finished blocks hanging up on the wall it makes me happy! I will say that I’ve noticed that you make lots of half square triangles for these blocks, and tiny ones at that. When you figure that these are a little over a 6” block and then you start counting the pieces in each one….it’s kind of mind blowing. Since all 111 of them are different I don’t get bored and I’m always ready to start on the next one. I’ve got over 40 of them done so far, so I’m doing pretty good. I’ve done a couple of them over because I just wasn’t satisfied with the quality of my work…..second time around was a success!

DSC03545

DSC03546

I find it very interesting to see the different names of the blocks. I wish there was some way to label the blocks with their names. Sometimes I laugh when I see what the blocks are called! I’ve even kind of gotten used to using templates…..I don’t mind it near as much as I did when I first started this quilt.

I had a day off this past Wednesday and I used it to sew baby blankets and burp pads……I had a couple of special orders and I figured I might as well get it over with. I also used one of my pedicure gift certificates that my daughter Karmon gave me this past Christmas.  I’ve been watering the garden, so that’s why my feet look dirty!DSC03550

DSC03539

I still haven’t got my Wool ‘Primitive Garden’ BOM for the month of June, I’m getting a little bit impatient. They told me they send the BOMs by the 15th of every month, so I should be getting it this coming week.  I’ve also been working on my Grandmother’s flower garden quilt and am slowly getting it done. Every stitch is hand sewn, so it’s pretty time consuming.

Well, hopefully it will rain this week, my garden is getting pretty dry. I’ve been watering every day.

Happy quilting! Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment