Sunday, April 15, 2012

Primitive Garden Wool Quilt

I had to post again because I’ve gotten my Primitive Garden Wool Quilt started. It’s a block of the month from Primitive Gatherings and it started this month. I saw this quilt being made in a quilt shop on my route. I absolutely loved it when I saw it and got the bug! It’s very expensive, but I think it will be worth every penny, the BOM lasts for 14 months. I’ve gotten all of the wool fused to the the block and now all I need to do is the blanket stitch around the wool pieces. I plan on doing  that in the car on my way to KC this coming week. These pictures do not do the color of the wool justice….it is beautiful. This is going to be a fun one for sure.DSC03430DSC03432DSC03433DSC03431

Happy quilting! Kris

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooohhhh....I can see why you fell in love with this kit now!!! Is the whole quilt blanket stitched? I can do that....embroidery not so much. I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna....the kit is basic embroidery stitches around the wool pieces...Not too hard, just time consuming. The BOM is for 14 months and it sells for $30 a month....the pattern and thread are very pricey also....If you are interested let me know and I'll share thread and the pattern....It will be lots cheaper that way. Thanks Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am signed up for the Primitive Garden BOM. You are way ahead of me. Thank you for posting pictures of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda.....I'm having fun with this BOM....once you get going it's addictive. I've pretty much finished the embroidery....only need to get the bluish perle cotton to finish the little blue circles and I'm done for this month! I really like the way it looks so far. Good Luck with your BOM! Kris

      Delete