Friday, March 28, 2014

I’m sewing and loving every minute of it!

I’m on vacation this week and I’ve been in my sewing room 10 hours every day….It’s been wonderful! I finished my Vintage Tins quilt….and have started a new B.O.M. called: Prairie Rose with fabric designed by Jo Morton. I also dug out my Farmer’s Wife Pony Club Quilt blocks and have started in on those….I’m over the halfway point now, I think the reason I enjoy doing these blocks is that anything goes. I’m using all kinds of fabric scraps and just having a fun time deciding what to use for each block…some I’m not so happy with the colors choices once they’re done, but I’m not changing any of them. I think once they are in the quilt, it will all look good together. I think I’ll end up sashing it in black. I’m still crocheting in the evenings before I go to bed…I’ll be sending about 50 hats to my sister in Iowa so she can sell them  in her store.

DSC04052

I love my vintage tins quilt…instead of using all black, cream and white, I threw in some red and golds….I am very happy with how it turned out. That was a lot of embroidery too!

DSC04056

These are the first three blocks of my Prairie Rose BOM….I love the fabric…it reminds me a little of civil war fabrics and I’m in a  love relationship with civil war fabrics right  now! As soon as I walk in a fabric store they start calling my name.

DSC04058

DSC04065

These are the latest blocks I’ve made for my FWPC quilt….there will be 90 of them and they are 8 1/2” unfinished. I think I’ve gotten 50 of them made now….

Have a wonderful day! and Happy Quilting

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment