Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Crocheting Baby Hats….I’m obsessed!

Well, I’ve been on the baby hat crocheting band wagon for about 6 weeks now….Who would have thought?

About 6-7 weeks ago I got very sick and ended up having the old fashioned Influenza A virus…I could hardly do anything but sit in my chair and sleep…believe it or not I didn’t miss any work and I really should have. I went to work with a fever for a whole week and then thank the Lord I had the next week off for vacation. I coughed for almost 5 weeks and just couldn’t get going, which started the whole hat crocheting thing….what else is there to do when all you want to do is sit in a chair? My mom also was in the hospital for over 3 weeks and the last week she was there I would bring my crocheting along, it was, and is therapy for me. My mom passed away two weeks ago, but she sure enjoyed looking at all of the hats I had done. My mama loved to look at all of the projects I was working on….it made her happy to see them, and I loved showing her! I inherited my ‘busy’ work project making from her. I love you so much mama and I really do miss you.

I will start sewing again soon, I can feel the urges coming back ! But for now here are some pictures of my grandbabies, 6 month old  Emersyn and 3yr old Walker.Emersyn 8Emersyn4Emersyn 5DSC04043Wayne and Emy hatsDSC04030

I have probably made over 50 hats this past 6 weeks….I’m not exaggerating either…My sister Barb is selling them in her store in Iowa…they are selling pretty well too.

I have the day off today, and I’m not sure what I’ll do…maybe clean the house a little, sew a little, or crochet a little! We will have to see.

Happy Quilting…and Crocheting!

Kris

2 comments:

  1. My great grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 13. It was my first love and always will be. Quilting has taken a front seat, but crocheting will always have a special place in my heart. And those memories of crocheting with your mom will forever have a special place in your heart. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly....My Great aunt taught me to crochet when I was about 12 or 13 too...Coba was my mom's aunt. My mom did not crochet...but she sure liked to look at mine! My grandma crocheted too, I'm not sure now why my great aunt taught me instead of my grandma...Coba was my grandma's sister and they lived a block apart and we used to traipse back and forth between their houses when we were little..those are such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete