Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Farmer’s Wife Pony Quilt Club Blocks….only 18 to go!

Well, I’ve been sewing on my FWPC blocks and only have 18 more to do….I need a total of 90 of them, so I’m doing pretty good…they are 8 1/2” unfinished and all of them are different. I would say that at least a third of the blocks have a lot of set-in seams…You really have to know what you are doing to make this quilt. It’s quite a challenge and I’m sure enjoying it…I think I’ll go back and look through all of my blocks and if there are some I’m not happy with I will redo them…I know of a couple that I just don’t like. We will have to see when the time comes!

DSC04069

And here are the latest 22 blocks that I’ve made…I’m using fabric scraps and basically anything goes! I’m not matching colors or anything like that…It’s kind of nice to know that I’m not having to buy any fabric for this one…only the black for the sashing….woo hoo!

DSC04068

And here are my bargains from last week…the top three are thimbleberries,which I really like and I bought 7-8 yards of these…emptied the bolts on all four of them….they were 75% off ! I only paid a little over $2 a yard for these…..which will work great for backings…this makes me very happy!

I’ve also made a few more hats….My sister Barb will be here this coming weekend so I’ll just send them with her so she can sell them for me! I still need to add some ‘tails’ to a few of these…..but that won’t take too long.DSC04071

Have a great week!

Happy Quilting! Kris

2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Jen and I just started reading your blog. I love your farmer's wife quilt blocks so far! I bought that book for my mom and she has just started making blocks. I may try making one some day too. I will just add it to my long list of quilts I want to make haha!
    Don't you love getting fabric super cheap? I bought some at JoAnns the other day and it was also $2 a yard. I bought what was left on the bolt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen...I hope your mom enjoys the farmer's wife quilt as much as I have...I've got the regular FWQC quilt all put together and just need to send it to the quilter...the FWPQC should be done an a couple of weeks and then it will be ready to go to the quilter too...I've found that this book with the 8 1/2 inch blocks are harder to make because they have so many set in seams...You really have to know what you're doing or it would be very discouraging....And yes, I love to get bargains at the quilt store!

    ReplyDelete