Monday, July 23, 2012

Vacation is over already….and I feel like I need another one

I really didn’t get too much done this past week except to visit my mom in the hospital every day…..so I made the 30 minute trek to Cambridge Mon.-Sun. So that doesn’t leave a lot of time to sew or make jelly. I did get a bunch more hexie flowers made since I could do that while visiting my mom.  And as you can see….I had to throw in some ‘Husker’ hexies. I am a huge Cornhusker fan! GO BIG RED!DSC03619

I also got the chance to shop at Cottage Inspirations while in Cambridge. I returned a wool kit that I had bought with a gift card back in January……that gave me $50 plus $20 I had in bonus bucks given to me by my friend Kelly Kreft. It was enough money for a shopping spree, and boy did I have fun. I ended up getting a few spools of Valdani perle cotton and some wool…..the wool is a 5 inch square, with  5 pieces in a pack. DSC03625DSC03623

I also found some wool scraps I had while digging through my tubs of fabric. I felted it right away. This was an exciting find! Quite a few years ago, I was making wool vests with appliques on them, so I had bought a few pieces of it back then. I also did some tailoring with it. I think I have a wool skirt I made in the closet that I’m going to cut up and felt. My sister Val and I are going to try our hand at over dyeing also….We are kind of excited to give it a try.

DSC03626

And last, but not least…..I’ve made 5 more blocks for my Farmer’s Wife Quilt. I am cutting out number 99 this morning. Only 12 more to make! Oh Happy Day!

Well, work is calling me, and after the week I’ve had, I’m going with a smile on my face.

Happy Quilting, Kris

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you were able to use the bonus bucks!! Hope this will be a good week for you. I just wish someone would let me have weekends that consisted with 2 Saturdays and 1 Sunday. LOL

    ReplyDelete