Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Jelly Making with Kris!

I normally keep over 200 jars of jelly in the basement……but my stock is running kind of low and I decided it was time to get some jelly made. I’ve picked some tart pie cherries, apricots, rhubarb and tame plums, and I’ve literally got gallons of frozen juice in my freezer down stairs. Elderberry, Chokecherry, Wild Plum, Tame Plum, Grape, and about 3 gallon bags of apricots. I’d say I’m pretty prepared! I have other juices too, I just can’t think of them right now without making a trip to the basement to see….and that’s just not going to happen.

So anyway, since it’s been so hot outside and Jelly making is quite a hot job over the stove, I figured the best way to get this job done, was to start early in the morning and make a couple of batches each day. It’s been working pretty good so far too. I’ve made: Elderberry, Almond Cherry Jam, Cherry Jelly, Tame Plum and Rhubarb. I forgot how much I really enjoy doing this.DSC03602

My daughter and son in law came from KC for a visit this week, so I haven’t gotten a lot of quilting done. I did make a few more Farmer’s Wife blocks and I’ve been stitching on my BOM for my Primitive Garden Quilt. I just got my next BOM in the mail so I’ll be ready to start it this weekend. I am on vacation next week too, so just think of how much I’ll get done!

DSC03595

This is my favorite block so far…..and I’m up to block #84.

DSC03599

DSC03604

I’m almost done with the embroidery! I have a little bit more to do, probably about an hour or so of handwork and it will be done and I’ll be starting on the next one….which is the shovel and some flowers. So far this is my least favorite block of this quilt.

Well, have a great rest of the week!

Happy quilting and Jelly making! Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment