Sunday, September 7, 2014

Emersyn’s Birthday Quilt

 

Well, I got Emy’s quilt done in time for her birthday…it was really a ‘rush’ job, but I got it done…I was very happy with how it turned out too….With the help of my friend Kelly Kreft I quilted this on my new Nolting longarm. Almost every time someone sees this quilt they ask me right away if it’s appliqued….And of course I say absolutely not! This block has 12 curved seams in it…and there is lots of matching seams. I’ve made so many of these, I don’t even pin when I sew the curved seam…

I’ve already got 21 more of these blocks made and I will be making a baby quilt for my sister Susie’s soon- to- be- born granddaughter…I haven’t decided if it will be 12 or 16 blocks, I’ll have to lay it out and see what I think.

I think the next project for me will be two more flannel ‘wonky log cabin’ throws…I’ve promised them to people for their birthday and wedding…If I don’t get on the ball they will be really late!

Off to sew some more!

Happy quilting,

Kris

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Such a pretty quilt and the name on there makes it extra special!

    ReplyDelete