Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween

We hardly had any trick or treaters last night, I think we live too far north and only have about 15 houses in our neighborhood. I guess Norris Ave. was extremely busy with kids last night….especially because of the nice weather. My 22 month old  grandson Walker did stop and we got a picture of him in his golfing outfit.

DSC03694

I’ve been kind of naughty about blogging lately. I guess it’s because I’ve been working on the same projects and I’m getting a lot done, you just don’t see it so much. So it’s kind of hard to take a picture of the same thing from a week ago, and it’s just a little bigger! Kind of boring….

Here is my finished Christmas Table Topper…. it’s 42x42….it was supposed to be a tree skirt, but I just couldn’t cut a hole in the middle of it!DSC03699DSC03700

I’ve been mostly working on my mom’s civil war chronicles quilt and my grandmother’s flower garden quilt. DSC03702

This 1” hexie quilt is now 65x82…so it’s really growing…I think I’m only going to add one more row in both directions and then I’ll add the white border…approximately 6”wide. Then comes the applique….I think I’ll love this one when it’s done. I only wish I was a hand quilter, since it’s all hand sewn, I hate to machine quilt it. I guess we’ll see when the time comes.

Happy quilting!  Kris

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have seen Walker, his outfit is so cute!! I've been a naughty blogger too, not sure why, I have plenty to blog about. And I'm really liking your hexie quilt!

    ReplyDelete