Friday, May 1, 2015

Obsessed with Hexies!

Ok….I will admit that I tend to be a bit OCD….I’ve started working on my Hexie quilt again and I just can’t seem to put it down, it goes everywhere with me. Oh well, I’m having a wonderful time with it! I have no idea how big it will end up being…it’s about a yard across so far. These are very small 1/2” hexies, the flower’s finished size is about 2 5/8” across…lots of work and very slow growth in the size of this quilt…It will be worth it when it’s done! Anyway that’s what I keep telling myself. So…what color do you think the next row should be?IMG_0245IMG_0248

IMG_0237

My ‘Love Covers’ embroidered blocks are all done….This didn’t take me long at all, 14 small blocks and 12 large blocks. I have all of the fabric collected to finish this, I’ve put it all away and will get this done another day! Very happy with how these blocks turned out.

IMG_0242And here are the ‘rejected’ circle blocks that were my practice pieces…I’ve decided it would be a nice table runner…it’s on the longarm right now and I’m stumped on what to quilt on it….Hopefully something will come to me.

IMG_0247

This is the circle quilt for my soon to be born grandson….I will add white borders and put his name on it… I can’t do much more until I know what his name will be. I really didn’t think it would be this easy to do set-in circles, but it didn’t take long at all. Very happy with this one!IMG_0241

These are a few of my purchases while I was in Iowa with my sisters; the wool pattern is one I’ve wanted for years. It’s funny how when on vacation I’ll buy things I normally wouldn’t buy any other time because I think they’re too expensive…I guess I tend to splurge a bit when I’m in another town. I have a big plan for the fabric…I’m trying to hold off on starting on it though. I really need to finish a few other quilts first! My vow to get my UFOs done is starting to blow away in the wind….I’m straying off the straight and narrow path! I think I might need some kind of an intervention…Help!

IMG_0224

Here I am with 3 of my sisters…Val wasn’t able to be with us because of some school obligations. We sure missed her, but we had a wonderful time together. I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I love you Susie, Barb, Val and Wendy! And as our theme song goes….’Sisters, Sisters, nothing can come between sisters’! Except maybe some Quilting! Just kidding!

Happy Quilting!

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment