Sunday, January 4, 2015

Finally some sewing time…

I’ve finally had two days off in a row, so I actually got to sit down and sew longer than a one hour stretch….I’ve been having fun! Even got my kitchen, dining room, living room and entryway really cleaned up, now that makes me happy.

I’ve gotten a lot of infinity scarves done this past month while waiting for freight and taking my break at work. I’ve probably done around 30 of them….have given some away and will send the rest to my sister’s store to see if she can sell them for me. The price of yarn has really gone up from last year…Ugh

IMG_0019Any spare moments I’ve had to sew this past month have gone into Bonnie Hunter’s Mystery quilt for 2014, ‘Grand Illusions’. She posts every Friday for 6 weeks what you have to get done that week, or at least try to get done. She gives you the colors you need for your quilt, which is a scrap quilt. I did pretty good with that, but the colors were not colors that I had bunches of in my stash….yellow, pinks, and turquoises….which were the main colors. I did have plenty of the black, greens and neutrals that were also used. I figured I spent about $30 to supplement the colors I was short on. I’ve got every step (week 1-5) done now except the last one where she tells you how the pieces you’ve been working on the last 5 weeks are sewn together. I really enjoyed this and will be doing it again next year. I’m going to take a few weeks off from this quilt and will sew it all together sometime in the next month. Here are the Ziploc bags full of 5 weeks worth of work…doesn’t look like much, but believe me this was a lot of time and effort considering how many hours I worked this Christmas season delivering all of those Christmas presents. The quilt is a pretty big size too.IMG_0016

I made my granddaughter Emersyn, an apron to go with the kitchen set she got for Christmas…..it’s made from an old pair of jeans that belonged to Grandpa Wayne. I think it might be just a bit too big for her, but I’m sure she’ll grow into it soon. I used ‘D’ rings for the ties around the neck…thought that made more sense than tying…much easier to put on a smaller child this way. The purple carrots are on the apron because my daughter Lesley has a food blog that is called “The Purple Carrot”.IMG_0012

I’m on vacation in two weeks, and I can hardly wait! I’ll get to see my granddaughter Emersyn, it’s been way too long…haven’t seen her or her mother in 4 months.

Happy Quilting

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment