Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Vow……I won’t start any new quilts until I have at least one that’s started completely finished.

We’ll see how my vow works out….I’m going to do my best to get some things finished before I start another new project. I am getting the itch to start something new, and I just can’t let myself do that. I did finish all 111 blocks from the Farmer’s Wife Quilt. I need to pick out the sashing and the cornerstone fabric soon. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m a ‘piecer’ not a ‘quilter’…..I love piecing a quilt, I just am not too interested in doing the free motion quilting to finish it. I have to make myself do it.

 DSC03639

My mini 1/2” hexie quilt has been very fun to work on. I’m ready to start the 4th color around, I’m enjoying this one more than the 1” hexie quilt I’m working on also.  My hand is in this picture so you can see how small these hexie flowers are. My next  color round will be green flowers. This will be a very special quilt when it’s done….all hand sewn! DSC03637

This picture is of the larger 1” hexie quilt I’m working on too. I’m not sure how big this one will end up…..it will have white borders with some flower, vine and leaf applique in one of the corners. DSC03640

DSC03635

Here are the four blocks that I’ve completed in my Primitive Garden Quilt BOM….I just got the 5th block in the mail yesterday and I’m ready to start on it. I’m having a wonderful time doing this quilt. And yes….I really do believe I’m obsessed with quilting, my house isn’t as clean as it used to be, and I could stay locked up in my sewing room for 10 hours a day and not think anything of it.I might come out every once in a while and get something to eat and drink, but other than that…..I could stay there forever!  This is an expensive hobby too. Fortunately, of the quilts I’m working on now three (both hexies and the Farmer’s Wife) are scrap quilts, so I don’t have to buy lots of fabric for them.

It’s time to go back to my sewing room and have some more fun!

Happy quilting, Kris

4 comments:

  1. Maybe we need to start our own 12-Step Program :) I'm still trying to organize my office/sewing room and last night I organized my scraps by wrapping them on index cards...I used almost 200 cards. This is in addition to the 100 large cards I have filled with "yardage"....and I won't even tell you how many quilt "kits" I uncovered. I have put a fabric ban on myself. Looks like a lot of homemade Christmas presents this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna....I finally made it to the wooly mammoth yesterday! It was worth the trip and I definitely will go there again! Thanks for telling me about it....I laughed when I read your comment, you sound a lot like me! I need to put a fabric ban on myself also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what do you define as "starting" a new project or even "finishing"
    Is it finished when the flimisy is done or quilted or bound or labled?
    Dose starting a new quilt mean... Picking out patterns...color...fabric... stashing it way so its ready to start or dose it only count when you cut the fabric?
    Can you tell I have put some thought into that delimia?
    good luck...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put a lot of thought into this also! For me it's when the top is finished and I just need to quilt it. I have about 10 tops done, that now need quilted, I've sent four of them to the quilter and am going to try and do the others myself. We'll see how fast that project goes?! I also won't even look at any fabric for another quilt until my Farmer's Wife quilt top is done. I'm almost there....only one more row to sew on and then the borders. I have lots of projects already purchased, just need to start on them. I am a hopeless fabriholic....and I love every minute of it!

      Delete